This post is nonsense. So, be aware of that on the front end.
Earlier this month, I had the chance to host an episode of Knoxville’s insanely fun and adjective heavy weekly experimental comedy show known as QED Comedy Lab. That week’s theme was a comedy spelling bee in which I made up words and asked performers to spell them and then follow some randomly assigned improv task to define the word.
Like with any experimental comedy, it had some great moments and some not-so-much great moments. But, the key point is that we once again got to play in a great comedy sandbox (as my friend Tyler calls it) curated by our fearless QED leader Matt Chadourne.
The point of this post is more for my own archiving than for you the random reader, probably. But, I wanted to make a note of some of my favorite words and definitions from the night before they are lost to my memory forever.
So, here are some of the highlights from a night of words with friends, in alphabetical order, naturally:
- Biscuitarian – Todd Lewis correctly saw this word for its potential as a true religion of the South. Naturally, followers of this religion will find themselves at odds with Todd’s true calling as a member of the Quincy’s Big Fat Yeast Holy Rollers.
- Comediandroid – Eventually all comedy will be based on algorithms. Meet our new comedy overlord.
- Nickelbacteria – This is how modern pop music goes viral, according to Tyler Sonnichsen.
- Ovulatte – Easily, this is the worst new idea at Starbucks.
- Rednecrophelia – According to Matt Chadourne, the key indicator of a sufferer of this ailment is a strong desire to dig up Dale Earnhardt’s grave.
Other words from the evening included these gems, but I’ll have to go back and review the video from that night to remember the definitions offered.